Wednesday 25 April 2012

Pass on the Spirit

Lest We Forget 



This ANZAC day was a special one. For the past few years the very elderly RSL Ladies Auxiliary women of our community have been very concerned as to who would dress the war memorial every year. They were so ...impressed  when I took 9 younger ladies from years 8-12 from our school to assist them with the task and to learn how to do this for  future years. One of the ladies had been doing this job for over 50 years, that is true community service.  Perhaps now they can be relieved that the spirit will live on in the young people of the community. 






2 comments:

Lorraine said...

what a fantastic idea! I am sure the students and the "teachers" took a lot from the day...

Unknown said...

I think it's a wonderful idea, I would love to help. PS I love reading your blog Jen
---Renee Grace---