Sunday 3 May 2015

Musical Mayhem and Lucy Boston

My own sewing has been on hold a lot over the last couple of months or so.  I have been in charge of costumes for the school musical. A big job for me with one helper. We have collected and I have sewed all the costumes for " Thoroughly Modern Millie " on this Thursday and Friday and then thank goodness the stress and worry of all that will be over.

I have spent this weekend on making drop waist dresses for the chorus.... done  ... there are 7 others at school   ......YEAH......







Also some chinese laundry costumes C 1920


After all that I found time to sit down and finish one more of my Lucy Boston blocks.  I am so behind with these.... Sandy  from Shiralee Stitches will be pleased.... I should not have taken this on , but I will get there because it will be a beautiful  and amazing quilt when I finish.

Sandy has done a great job with this design. See her web site..
http://shiraleestitches.com.au/








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenny that sure is a big job you did well with only one helper,well done and love your LB block xx

Chookyblue...... said...

thank goodness the costumes are finished......I'm loving Lucy.....glad to see you got some blocks together..........

Susan said...

Aren't you a star for doing all that sewing! Good luck for the performance.........hope there's no wardrobe malfunctions.